January 2, 2013

The Big Apple

The trip to New York City, my mom and I were able to take together was unforgettable. It proved to me that I'm growing up to be just like her and she is my best friend!! We stayed in an adorable lodge in Chelsea that was perfect. It didn't take us long to find our way to the main hot spots, like Times Square, Central Park, 9/11 Memorial, Chinatown and Rockefeller Center. We even used the subway a few times. My favorite area, by far, was Central Park! The beautiful park in the middle of such an enormous city was incredible. There were many locals preforming for tips doing things their great at like singing, playing an instrument, stunting, and even making huge bubbles! While we were in Times Square, my mom and I heard a commotion on a corner where a performer was going to do some tumbling so I was immediately drawn to watch. Little did we know that my mom would be chosen to be one of five bystanders to become part of the act! It was just a hilarious memory that I could never forget. Another interesting memory was tackling the determined individuals of Chinatown. I got some great knock-off pieces and made my momma proud by haggling down prices! Even though it was a short trip, the laughs and memories we made will be ones we tell for a long time. 









My mom has always been such a huge fan of the Rockettes and when this bus passed, we took the moment to goof off a little!



No comments:

Post a Comment