November 27, 2012

Massachusetts Adventures

This year for Thanksgiving break, I spent my time with my best friend, Hillary and her family! I'll never forget this first trip to Massachusetts and all the memories made. Below are some of the highlights from our road trip.

After driving from 5pm Tuesday until 5am Wednesday and sleeping for a few hours, we went out to Bar Louie! Lots of their friends from high school were all back and at the bar for some drinks before Thanksgiving day.


Since Hillary's mom and sister were working at the hospital on Thanksgiving, we decided to get outside and go hiking at Blue Hills Reservation. It was in the mid 50s and a beautiful day. To make light of it being Thanksgiving, we got turkey sandwiches at Subway that we took into the movie theaters after our hike. I'm guilty of seeing Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2... Twice!! It's a great ending to the saga.



Thanksgiving dinner on Friday was celebrated at Hillary's sister's new home. Her sister and sister's fiancé have an adorable home in an adorable neighborhood right outside Boston. Their front door even has an Irish claddagh as the knocker.




The last night in Massachusetts, we spent in downtown Boston in Quincy Market which was all lit up with tons of lights. Hillary introduced me to Mike's Pastry in the North End... OMG, DELICIOUS! Needless to say, I ordered a slice of cheesecake and a cannoli, yum! I also tried fresh New England clam chowder, the best I've ever had.


A few other events not photographed were Black Friday shopping at the Wrenthem Outlets (they have Tory Burch!), the twelve hour drive... in a Camry... with four girls and their luggage, drinking pumpkin beer with cinnamon sugar on the rim of the glass, playing catch phrase with their friends, and driving through Beacon Hill in Boston. This trip to Boston will not be my last. It was so gorgeous and exciting. I can not wait to be in Massachusetts again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment